Non-Immigrant Visa

Max law firm is an international law firm serving foreigners and foreign business in Thailand. We have a team of well qualified and experienced lawyers that have earned their degrees from well recognized institutions. We provide all kind of legal services in which non Immigrant is one of them. 


There are many types of Non Immigrant visa. People who want to work, do business or invest apply for such visa. The non immigrant visa has many categories like business visa category B, business approved visa category B-A and investment visa category IB.  You need a work permit with such type of visa in order to start any kind of work, business or investment. 

Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B”  (Business Visa)

Required documents for foreigners who want to do business in Thailand.

  • Passport or travel document
  • application form.
  • Passport-sized photograph
  • Proof of sufficient finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
  • Letter from the applicant’s company
  • Documents showing correspondence with business partners in Thailand.
  • Evidence of financial status in the case where the applicant is self-employed.
  • Letter of invitation from trading companies in Thailand.
  • Corporate documents of associated partners/companies in Thailand such as:


1) business registration and business license
2) list of shareholders
3) company profile
4) details of business operation
5) company location proof
6) balance sheet, statement of Income Tax and Business Tax  of the latest year
Vat registration
Copies of company documents must be signed by the Board of Directors or authorized           

managing director and affix seal of company.
Documents in foreign languages must be translated into Thai

Non-Immigrant Visa category “B-A” (Business Approved Visa)          

People with this category of visa can stay in Thailand for 1 year and it can be renewed after a 1 year period. This visa can be applied for the company the person wants to work for so any company or organization. This request is sent to the immigration office in Thailand.

Non immigrant Visa IB (investment and business visa)   

This type of visa is issued to foreign people who want to work on investment projects that are running under the authority of the Board of Investment of Thailand (BOI) .Such projects must be of benefit to Thailand in the following ways.

  • Investment will promote
  • It will Increase employment
  • It will enable to make use of local raw materials
  • Projects involving the states.
  • Encouraging technology transfer to Thai nationals
  • Not affecting existing domestic businesses

Non-Immigrant Visa Category “B” (Teaching)

Foreigners who want to work as teachers in Thailand must submit the following required documents:

  • Passport or travel document
  • visa application form
  • passport-sized photographs.
  • Letter of acceptance from employing institute
  • Letter of approval from government agencies
  • Evidence of educational qualification such as diplomas, Degrees.
  • School license or business registration
  • your resume
  • Police report certificate from the foreigner’s respective country of origin.

Please feel free to contact us regarding any legal services or visit as at our office. We will be more than happy to assist you.